- Australia is a major exporter of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) with considerable potential for further development based on its abundant resources of Natural Gas.
- In Western/Eastern Australia 07 new conventional LNG liquefaction plants with nameplate capacity of 47.7 MMTPA are due for scheduled commissioning between 2015 -2020. In addition 05 unconventional projects of 26.8 MMTPA CBM proposed/ under construction/possible LNG, Australia will emerge as new LNG Hub.
- Nigeria is currently supplying 18 MMTPA of LNG primarily to Europe & USA. It is also developing further LNG projects of around 18 MMTPA which are scheduled to be commissioned in 2020 -2024.
- USA is also emerging as LNG Exporter. Its LNG imports have come down because of an abundant find and production of Shale Gas.
- With Shale gas, natural gas reserves in US are estimated 300 TCF.
- In 2011, net US gas imports 55 BCM, a major drop from 2007 level.
- Aug 23 (LNGJ) - Venture Global LNG, the Washington DC-based developer of two export projects in the state of Louisiana, said it had closed the fifth round of a private... Read more...
- Oil partners in Alaska LNG pull out of project KTVA GLOBAL LNG-Asian prices steady as spot cargo high rate amid glut Reuters Maine Gas Export Project Said... Read more...
- Aug 25 (LNGJ) - Two Australian cargoes are destined for India. The 155,00 cubic metres capacity carrier “British Emerald”, operated by BP Shipping, left the Western Australian... Read more...